ILP Case Aide
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Program Manager, Independent Living Program
JOB LOCATION: Chester County
REVISION DATE: 02/24/2021
The Independent Living (IL) Case Aide transports youth throughout various counties including but not limited to Chester, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware, Philadelphia, Lehigh, and/ or Northampton. The IL Case Aide may also participate in occasional community visits and assist in accessing resources and records. This position requires direct client interaction and execution of transports, assessments, and supportive interventions in order to support delivery of child welfare services. The IL Case Aide operates passenger van, other Tabor vehicles (cars) and/or their own vehicles equipped for the transportation of youth and families. This position works in emergency situations as required. The weekly schedule is Monday – Friday (daytime and early evening hours that may vary according to departmental needs).
High School Diploma or GED.
Minimum of 1 year experience in transportation services. Preferably 1 year experience working with youth.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide accurate and timely reports and recommendations.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Strong oral and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of computer application (Microsoft Office) and ability to work with various digital information systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with clients, coworkers, and visitors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of youth and families and to cover emergencies.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate good judgement, and prioritize skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current and valid PA driver’s license (no points on driving abstract).
- Carry personal liability insurance coverage that reflects a minimum limit of 100,000/300,000 with a motor vehicle registration card for the vehicle covered by the personal liability insurance.
- Must be free from communicable/infectious diseases.
- Provide valid PA child abuse clearance, FBI, & PA criminal background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transport of youth on scheduled and unscheduled appointments.
- Engages with youth and staff in a respectful and trauma-informed manner.
- Communicates with Tabor IL Team to coordinate transportation assignments each week.
- Coordinates usage of all company-owned vehicle.
- Prepares vehicles for usage.
- Logs and tracks vehicle usage.
- Assists youth in and out of vehicles.
- Completes incident reports accurately, as needed.
- Assists with Administrative tasks, as needed.
- Supports and assists staff during classes, Youth Advisory Board and/or workshops.
Adaptability Customer/Client Service & Support Planning & Organizing
Communication Problem-Solving Influencing/Negotiating Skills