Health and Wellness Program Manager
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
The H&W Program Manager serves as an integral part in the support of the case management team to help empower and engage parents in their child’s healthcare. The Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and activities of the care coordinator unit. Plans, develops, organizes, monitors and manages clinical activities to improve client care and access. Insures efficient utilization of resources. Provides leadership, supervision and motivation to all members of assigned TCP staff. The Program Manager works collaboratively with all other staff to assist the patient and facilitate a successful interaction within the practice team. This position reflects the mission, vision and values of the practice both internally and throughout the community.
Two (2) years’ experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Master’s level health field with experience with EMR systems, insurance verification (plans), patient financial services, medical record data abstraction, or data analysis. Experience in a hospital or medical practice with management or leadership experience is highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic and specialty specific medical terminology
- Culturally sensitive to the needs and diversities of multi‐cultural communities including families from low socio-economic backgrounds and high risk families.
- Knowledge of behavioral health, educational, and physical health services and community resources.
- Understanding of Managed Care Delivery Systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in complex problem solving, including identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software including Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good history-taking skills, strong, competent computer skills; accurate and complete documentation skills; good time management and organizational skills.