Director of Development and Public Relations
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
Tabor Children's Services is actively seeking a Director of Development and Public Relations who will be responsible for successfully developing and implementing cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for Tabor’s fundraising efforts.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development & Public Relations will be the lead to securing financial support from individuals, organizations, and foundations. Other responsibilities includes promoting the organization’s mission, programs, brand, and activities to increase mission awareness and support among stakeholders and donors. This position is critical to raising the visibility of Tabor’s services typically from 9 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday but may vary according to departmental needs. Regular travel required.
Master’s degree in the field of nonprofit services, development, fundraising, philanthropy preferred. Will consider a master’s degree in the industry field of study.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and execute strategies for the implementation of a robust development program for Tabor, tied to an annual plan and goals.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Identifies challenging prospects for Planned Giving opportunities.
- Oversee grant seeking for special projects including proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Uses system of direct-mail tracking and donation tracking on database.
- Identifies foundation, city, county, state, federal and corporate grant opportunities, for which the organization qualifies.
- Serve on the Development Committee, guide and create a team approach for implementing fundraising techniques aimed at building and sustaining donors and prospects in a Pyramid of Giving.
- Assist with responding and writing grant requests.
- Promotes undesignated gifts and endowment support.
- Directs increase of support for the reoccurring and ongoing events, fundraisers, and support to the Children’s, Sadowski and Annual Fund.
- Prepare regular reports that evaluate fundraising efforts, develop monthly progress reports on implementation status of the work plan and quarterly reports on the development plan.