Becoming a Parent
So You Want To Be A "Parent"
First Things First-Are You:
- 18 years of age or older?
- Presently employed and/or have a source of income?
- Able to provide a loving and nurturing home for a child?
- Do you have an open heart and willingness to provide a loving home and safe enviornment?
The road to becoming a Adoptive Parent or Foster Parent with Tabor begins with completing our general pre-service training class series. Our training classes are generally six weeks long, with one class per week.
Topics covered during the training sessions are:
- Overview on children from the system
- Child Abuse Prevention
- Fire Safety
- Health and Wellness and more!
***During the pre-service training process, candidates must apply for required clearances: FBI, Child Abuse and State Criminal Record. Additional documents will be collected during this process to allow us to get to know each candidate and his/her background for screening purposes.***
Once you complete the Pre-service training classes you may be eligible to move on to the Home Study portion of the certification, where a Tabor designee would come to your home to inspect and assure it is fit for a foster child placement.
Click the links below to start with your clearances