Assistant Director of Placement Services
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Regional Program Director
The Assistant Director of Placement Services is responsible for daily oversight of the foster care and independent living programs, promoting permanent connections and supports for aging out young adults, and assuring that program activities are of high quality and executed in a timely manner as determined by the Regional Program Director. The Assistant Director of Placement Services is also responsible for program expansion and enhancement and to ensure positive service performance outcomes. Hours are from 9 am – 5pm, Monday through Friday, but may vary according to departmental needs. Regular travel required.
Master’s degree in Human or Social Services preferred with a specialization in foster care or adoption services.
Three (3) years of experience working within child, youth and family service systems and supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic planning and recruitment skills
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Skills and abilities in program expansion and enhancements
- Knowledge of DBHIDS, PA Code 55 3680s, BARJ, Mother/Baby, SWAN IL standards and benchmarks
- Knowledge of transitional living and housing services.
- Ability to achieve desired performance outcomes
- Ability to assess and problem solve
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license and ability to use own vehicle.
- Must be free from any communicable/infectious diseases.
- Valid PA child abuse clearance, FBI check and Criminal Background Check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Independent Living Services Responsibilities
- Develops and coordinates all program services for Independent Living Programs including development of policies and procedures, redesign of life skills curriculum, development of system to monitor expenditures, and similar.
- Collaborates partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to assist in program enhancement including establishing new partnerships with realtors and private landlords.
- Ensures that all rental properties are maintained in adequate condition to ensure program standards are met in the provision of housing for the clients we serve.
- Completes and submits high quality report in a timely manner, reviews client files quarterly and, reviews monthly case notes, quarterly, and bi-annual client reports to ensure compliance and a high level of quality services.
- Facilitates the referral screening, interview, and acceptance process for IL programs.
Foster Care Services Responsibilities:
- Initiates the planning and execution of special events, brand marketing efforts, resource parent retention efforts, and participate in a wide range of development and marketing activities for the purpose of meeting and/or exceeding the total amount of resource homes needed within assigned communities
- Supports the development of yearly training plans for agency resource parents in order to meet all regulatory mandates.
- Prepares individual training plans for resource parents in order to help them meet needs of children placed with them.
- Supervises and present (when necessary) agency-wide pre-service training for resource parent applicants.
- Collaborates with department staff around the training needs of resource parents.
- Supports relevant training opportunities so that all agency resource parents can understand the issues presented by children in care.
- Participate in placement of children and placing activities.
- Devise and implement communication mechanisms needed to convey relevant information on resource parents to appropriate staff.
- Monitors and evaluates resource parent support activities.
- Good Judgment
- Organizational Awareness
- Quality Management