After Care Specialist
AFTER CARE SPECIALIST (CHESTER COUNTY)
The After Care Specialist for Chester County’s Independent Living Program participates in field work with foster youth who have aged out of the child welfare system. Position requires the ongoing monitoring and implementation of the aftercare program components. The After Care Specialist transports youth and conducts routine home visits to the youth in their place of residence and attends court hearings as needed. Work hours are from 9 am – 5pm, Monday through Friday, with some evening hours and may vary according to departmental needs. Regular travel throughout Chester County is required. A hybrid work schedule is currently available: 2 days in-office, and 3 days working remotely.
$41,715-$42,230 (commensurate with degree type)
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field.
Two years of experience working within child, youth and family service systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Knowledge of community resources.
· Strong oral and communication skills. Strong working knowledge of computer application (Microsoft Office) and ability to work with various digital information system.
· Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with clients, coworkers, and visitors.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of youth and families and to cover emergencies (non-negotiable).
· Ability to teach life skills, soft skills and job skills classes to youth · Ability to transport youth in assigned vehicle.
The person in this role will be expected to:
· Provides consultation for the design and monitor the implementation of the aftercare plan.
· Attends monthly case reviews at Chester County Office Children & Youth, including participation in Youth Advisory Board (once a month).
· Prepares all aftercare plans to ensure that they meet the county criteria for services.
· Develops and maintains a system for ensuring an aftercare plan for all involved youth.
· Responds to aftercare concerns that are identified by the youth or program supervisor.