AIP Aftercare Specialist
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Independent Living Program
JOB LOCATION: Chester County
JOB SUMMARY: The position reports to the program supervisor. The After Care Specialist participates in field work with foster youth who have aged out of the child welfare system. Position requires the ongoing monitoring and implementation of the aftercare program components. The After Care Specialist transports youth and conducts routine home visits to the youth in their place of residence and attends court hearings as needed. Reports directly to the Supervisor of the Adolescent Initiative Programs. Work hours are from 9 am – 5pm, Monday through Friday, with some evening hours and may vary according to departmental needs. Regular travel throughout Chester Co. is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or closely related field and five years’ experience in social work. Previous experience in child welfare preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide accurate and timely reports and recommendations.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Strong oral and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of computer application (Microsoft Office) and ability to work with various digital information system.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with clients, co-workers, and visitors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of youth and families and to cover emergencies.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate good judgement, and prioritize skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information. Ability to teach life skills, soft skills and job skills classes to youth
- Ability to transport youth
- Ability to participate in Youth Advisory Board (once a month during the evening)
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current and valid PA driver’s license. Clean driving record.
- Must be free from communicable/infectious diseases.
- Provide valid PA child abuse clearance, FBI, & PA criminal background check.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field or relevant work experience.
2. Some knowledge of the issues particular to youth in foster care.
3. Knowledge of and the ability to access community resources.
4. The ability to work independently.
5. The ability to work collaboratively with a diversified team.
6. Previous experience in child welfare preferred.
7. Bilingual (Spanish) is a preferred but not required.
- Provide consultation for the design and monitor the implementation of the aftercare plan.
- Prepare all aftercare plans to ensure that they meet the county criteria for services.
- Attend monthly case reviews at Chester County Office Children & Youth.
- Conduct tracking of aftercare youth.
- Develop and maintain a system for ensuring an aftercare plan for all involved youth.
- Respond to aftercare concerns that are identified by the youth or program supervisor.
- Communicate all concerns to the supervisor for appropriate follow-up.
- Maintain all required documentation.
- Participate in weekly individual supervision and staff meetings.
- Attend transition meetings of all aftercare youth.
Adaptability Customer/Client Service & Support Planning & Organizing
Communication Problem-Solving Influencing/Negotiating Skills