The Staff Accountant is responsible for working on accounting activities for all Tabor’s enterprises and provides support to the Controller and Chief Financial Officer (CFO), as directed. Working hours are from 9 am – 5pm Monday through Friday, but may vary according to organizational needs. Occasional local travel required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
Minimum One (1) - Three (3) years of accounting work experience performing within a comparable not-for-profit or health care provider industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILTIES
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to utilize initiative to anticipate workload.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and proficient with MS Office (Excel (Pivot Tables, V/H Lookups,), Outlook, and Word). Experience with accounting software preferably Great Plains, and applicable billing software.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be free from any communicable/infectious diseases.
- Provide a valid PA child abuse clearance, FBI check and Criminal Background Check
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare month end journal entries & monthly allocations of expenses to the Agency’s programs as well as maintain recurring journal entries making adjustments as needed
- Prepares cost reimbursed invoicing for funders
- Prepares fee for service invoicing for funders
- Analyzes and reconciles accounts receivable activity
- Works with Controller on data integration for billing
- Completes all bank and investment account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Works with the CFO and Controller to complete all general ledger account reconciliations, ensuring compliance & completeness & follow up resolution.
- Must be familiar with financial statement preparation.
- Responsible for payroll analysis, including allocation of labor for programs, monthly payroll entries, and payroll accruals.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime during month end close as needed.
- Assists CFO and Controller with all fiscal issues and other special projects including applicable audits.
Analytical Detail-Oriented Resourceful Team-Oriented
Adaptable Organized Problem-Solver Customer-focused